When I look back on my marriage, I could compare it to a roller coaster. We’ve experienced the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. There’s been screams of excitement, and shouts of anger.
And, there were moments I wanted to leave.
During one of the worst times, I came across The Power of a Praying Wife. I don’t remember why or how or where I found it (sometimes the details really are unimportant) but I know God put that book in my hands because it changed my marriage… and me.
I’ve read the book a handful of times… yes… I STILL read the book… because, while I love my Beloved… the fact of the matter is, we are still human… we still take each other for granted… and we still have to work (hard) to make our marriage the way God intended it to be.
A good marriage doesn’t “just happen”… it takes dedication and commitment… and through all the changes my Beloved and I have went through, one thing hasn’t… the need to cover him in prayer.
SHMILY for 30 days of prayer began in June 2009, when I asked women to join me to pray each day for the month of June for our husband… one prayer every day for 30 days… because covering our husband in prayer is another way we can show him we love him.
Covering a husband in prayer is so important, and regardless of where your marriage is right now (great… okay… falling apart… or broken), God can do amazing things through a willing and pliable heart (yours).
No matter what you’re marriage is like right now (steamin’ hot… not so hot… or “what’s hot?”), SHMILY for 30 days of prayer is a commitment pray for every day for a month… regardless of how YOU feel. Join me and women all over the world as we cover our husbands in prayer!
- WHAT YOU’LL NEED: The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie OMartian.
- WHAT YOU’LL DO: Read a chapter a day, which includes a prayer at the end of each chapter. (If you’ve read the book before, you can just read the prayer if you’d like.)
- THE POINT: To get wives praying for their husband! It doesn’t matter what the background, faith (or lack there of), or current state your life is in… Let’s get those hubbies covered in prayer and stand back and expect great things to happen to them, our marriages, and even ourselves as we go to God on their behalf!
Ready to join? Check out:
- 2009 posts (under construction and being added sloooooowly)
- 2010 posts (under construction and being added sloooooowly)
- 2011 posts (under construction and being added sloooooowly)
- 2012 posts (under construction and being added sloooooowly)